You know how sometimes in life; you just want things your way? Like, customising your burger with extra cheese and no pickles? That's pretty much what businesses are doing with their communication these days. They're saying, "Hey, I want it this way, and not the usual off-the-shelf stuff."
Enter BYOC or Bring Your Own Carrier and BYON or Bring Your Own Number. No, they're not some fancy acronyms that tech nerds came up with during a coffee break (well, maybe they did). In simple terms, it's like businesses building their own burger (or pizza, if that's your thing) of communication.
With BYOC, businesses get to choose who delivers their calls, kind of like picking your favourite delivery guy because he gets to your house without getting lost. And with BYON, it's about having your own private lane on the highway, so you don't get stuck in the traffic.
BYOC Gifts you the Power of Choice
In telecommunications, businesses often find themselves navigating a complex landscape. One of the pivotal decisions is selecting the right carrier for their communication needs. This is where Bring Your Own Carrier or BYOC, comes into play.
BYOC allows businesses to align with their preferred carrier. Traditionally, when businesses opted for a VoIP service provider, they were often tied to the carrier associated with that provider. This could sometimes lead to compromises in terms of cost, quality, or both.
However, with the advent of BYOC, businesses no longer have to make such compromises. They can choose a carrier that best fits their requirements, be it for better call rates, superior call quality, or specific regional benefits. This choice ensures that businesses can optimise their communication costs and quality based on their unique needs.
BYOC (Bring Your Own Carrier) isn't just about flexibility; it's about elevating the customer experience (CX) to new heights.
Here's how BYOC is reshaping the way businesses interact with their customers:
1. Businesses can choose communication tools that resonate with their customer base, ensuring local presence and familiarity. This can lead to faster response times and improved overall satisfaction as customers interact with tools they recognise and trust.
2. With BYOC, representatives can utilise platforms that offer advanced personalisation features. By leveraging customer data and insights, businesses can understand preferences, tailor engagements, and craft experiences that resonate, leading to increased loyalty and higher CSAT scores.
3. BYOC facilitates the seamless integration of diverse communication channels. This ensures customers receive a consistent and cohesive experience, regardless of whether they choose to call or chat.
4. Centralising communication on a single platform empowers customer support agents. They can access customer information swiftly, collaborate with colleagues in real-time, and use automation features to expedite processes, ensuring quicker resolutions.
5. BYOC empowers businesses to leverage a variety of capabilities such as 1 number across multiple channels, relationship mapping, and building seamless collaboration capabilities. This versatility enables support agents to choose the most suitable engagement method based on the customer persona and expectations.
6. Owned service number gives customer support teams control over their engagement tools. This autonomy can boost morale, job satisfaction, and motivation. When agents have the tools they trust, they can focus on delivering exceptional experiences. A motivated and satisfied agent invariably leads to a happier customer.
7. AI tools like Chatbots, language translations, auto-labelling, chat summary, smart suggestions, Bot builder foster continuous improvement, ensuring that customer service evolves in tandem with changing customer expectations.
BYON: Seamless Integration with Existing Service Numbers
CINNOX enables businesses to bring their existing service numbers onto the platform to maintain consistency in brand recall and service quality that they are already familiar with.
BYON doesn’t come without operational benefits for your business.
1. Seamless Transition
As businesses migrate to CINNOX, there’s no need to halt operations to inform customers of a new number. Everything continues as usual, ensuring no disruption in daily operations. With BYON, once the service number is verified and integrated into CINNOX, it’s immediately active. This means no waiting or downtime.
2. Cost Efficiency
Keeping the same service number also means saving costs on marketing materials, visiting cards, websites etc, as you don’t need to update the number all over again. With no number changes, administrative tasks such as updating database, informing customers and other stakeholders, or even training staff on new procedures can be further avoided.
3. Maintaining Continuity
When a service number has been in use for quite some time, specific call flows, routing setups, and customer engagement processes are tied to them. BYON ensures these remain intact. It also ensures that historical data associated with that service number is preserved.
4. Simplified Workflow
Retaining the same number means businesses can manage all their communication from a unified dashboard, reducing complexities. Frequently changing numbers can lead to errors, misrouting, or even miscommunication. BYON ensures consistency in service and quells potential mistakes.
The Convergence of Telephony and Digital Channels
We have seen multitudes of communication channels pop up over the past decade. From traditional telephony to web chats, video calls and conferencing, to SMS, and social media messaging, businesses today are spoilt for choice. However, with this abundance comes the challenge of managing and streamlining these diverse channels. The solution lies in the convergence of telephony and digital channels onto a unified platform.
1. Unified Communication
The essence of convergence is a seamless communication experience. Whether it's a voice call, an instant message, or a video conference, the transition should be smooth. We designed CINNOX with this very principle in mind, ensuring a cohesive communication environment where digital and telephony channels come together within the one space.
2. Efficiency and Productivity
Integrating various communication channels into a single platform can significantly boost efficiency. No more juggling between tools or platforms. CINNOX consolidates everything, including customer identities, interactions history, purchase history, interactions, and more, fostering quicker decision-making and collaboration in a unified space.
3. Consistent Customer Experience
In today's competitive landscape, businesses can't afford discrepancies in customer interactions. Whether a customer connects through a phone call, web chat, or social media messaging, the responsiveness, clarity, and quality should remain unwavering. CINNOX ensures that every touchpoint, irrespective of the channel, aligns with the brand's promise and delivers a uniformly excellent experience. This not only builds trust but also reinforces brand loyalty among customers.
4. Cost Savings
Operating multiple communication tools can be a financial drain. However, by converging telephony and digital channels, there's potential for substantial cost savings. For instance, you can literally build your own omnichannel contact centre and offer support services across telephony and digital channels on a single dashboard for as little as $50 with CINNOX. Bringing your channels, data, people, and communications on CINNOX can lead to reduced infrastructure and operational expenses.
As needs evolve, businesses need platforms that can adapt. CINNOX’s unified ecosystem ensures that as new tools emerge, integration with your CMS, CRM, Social Media channels, Email platforms, and even project management tools is straightforward and hassle-free.
Preparing for the Next Wave in Telecommunications
The world of telecommunications is in perpetual motion. As technology advances, so do the expectations of businesses and their customers. To thrive in this dynamic environment, it's imperative for businesses to not only adapt but also anticipate the shifts on the horizon.
- 97% of customers and 98% of contact centre managers say customer service interactions impact whether consumers stay loyal to a brand.
- 60% of customers have switched brands due to a negative contact centre experience.
- CX quality fell for 19% of brands in 2022, the lowest rate in 17 years.
- 73% of customers want to be able to seamlessly move between channels.
- 94% of customers rate video support as a positive experience.
- 57% of customers prefer to engage businesses through digital channels.
- 70% of consumers think contact centres should prioritise agent training instead of adding additional channels like chatbots.